POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request : Re: SV: Request Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SV: Request
From: David Fontaine
Date: 29 Aug 2000 17:15:06
Message: <39AC25A4.10D02B8A@faricy.net>
Peter Hertel wrote:

> Why rotate degrees(etan2(A/B)) instead of rotate etan(A/B)?
> I know it's nothing big, and there surely are a reason they are like they
> are, I just don't know why.

Trig uses radians because it is mathematically the simpler, more meaningful
and more correct measure to use. Object transforms use degrees because it is
to most a more familiar system for visualization.
Perhaps POV should have a switching option, like on a calculator:
#declare transform_angle_type = radian;
#declare trig_angle_type = degree;

--
David Fontaine   <dav### [at] faricynet>   ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website:  http://davidf.faricy.net/